I found this exercise to be easy…..After all the garbage of health issues I have been through and all the struggles that have come along with it….living in the moment…counting my blessings at the end of the day is something I already do in some form. I have to count my blessings – it is what keeps me grounded. It makes the worrying less, and makes the reality of what is good in my life stay in the forefront.
I think when you are fighting a chronic/terminal illness…you tend to look at the gloom and doom so easily. At least it comes so easily – so trying to stay positive is an every day struggle. Actually for me it was an every moment struggle. However, since the beginning of the summer – it seems that I am able to focus on my blessings more. I have also started writing about my blessings every thursday in my regular every day blog. (The Crazy Life).
So for today – these are the blessings that I am so thankful for that happened today:
- my hunnie and daughter let me sleep – I mean really sleep..they did everything to make sure nothing would wake me up…now that is LOVE!
- my hunnie and daughter brought home lunch….I was so hungry…and it was so good…they even brought me a surprise – eggnog shake – yummo!
- my dogs slept all around me, on the floor, at my feet, on my legs, and kept me warm
- I did not wake up with a headache
- the cool weather – only in the high 40’s and perfect for breathing
- for feeling good enough today to do some digital painting
- for laughing – just laughing
- for mountain dew and eating good food
Those are the blessings I noticed today….just wonderful – and all make me feel alive!
Today – I am BLESSED~!~
Today is day 18 of SOUL COACHING and day 19 of NABLOPOMO.